May 15, 2009

The Perks Of Being A Wallflower: Quotes

- Bridget who is crazy said that sometimes she thought about suicide when commercials come on during TV. She was sincere and this puzzled the guidance counselors.

- It's strange because sometimes, I read a book, and I think I am the people in the book.

- "We accept the love we think we deserve."

- When the police came, they found my brother asleep on the roof. Nobody knows how he got there.

- ... And in that moment, I swear we were infinite.

- Patrick actually used to be popular before Sam bought him some good music.

- I am very interested and fascinated by how everyone loves each other, but no one really likes each other.

- I hope it's the kind of second side that he can listen to whenever he drives alone and feel like he belongs to something whenever he's sad. I hope it can be that for him.

- Sam and Patrick looked at me. And I looked at them. And I think they knew. Not anything specific really. They just knew. And I think that's all you can ever ask from a friend.

- It's kind of like when you look at yourself in the mirror and you say your name. And it gets to a point where none of it seems real. Well, sometimes, I can do that, but I don't need an hour in front of a mirror. It just happens very fast, and things start to slip away. And I just open my eyes, and I see nothing. And then I start to breathe really hard trying to see something, but I can't. It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, it scares me.

- Little kids talk about the strangest things. They really do.

- I don't want to start thinking again. Not like I have this last week. I can't think again. Not ever again.I don't know if you've ever felt like that. That you wanted to sleep for a thousand years. Or just not exist. Or just not be aware that you do exist. Or something like that. I think wanting that is very morbid, but I want it when I get like this. That's why I'm trying not to think. I just want it all to stop spinning.

- Everyone else is either asleep or having sex. I've been watching cable television and eating jello.

- Girls are weird, and I don't mean that offensively. I just can't put it any other way.

-
"It's too bad you're not gay. Then again, if you were gay, I would never date you. You're a mess."
"You know, Patrick? If I were gay, I'd want to date you."
"Of course."


Just a few quotes from the greatest book ever written.

No comments:

Post a Comment