December 22, 2009

Aly's Top 5 Films of 2009!

1. BOAT THAT ROCKED! - Set in the 1960s.... Full of sex, drugs and best of all.... rock and roll! Brilliant cast and incredible soundtrack! (Apart from a stupid cover by "Duffy"...pfft) Had to see it twice!

2. WATCHMEN - A great looking film with very intelligent writing. I must admit to girly cringing during some of the fight scenes though. Also amazing use of The Sound of Silence by Simon and Garfunkel.

3. UP - I'm not big on kids movies but i LOVE this. The characters where well developed and the story was really good. The montage at the beginning made me cry and there were some beautiful moments... plus who doesn't like a chipmunk-ed-rockweiler?

4. INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS - This was the first Tarantino movie I'd seen in the cinema and I have to say I was impressed. The suspense in the cottage scene was almost unbearable without losing momentum. The dialogue (as always) was fabulous and it wasn't as violent as his other work; which while some found disappointing, I appreciated. Though the scalping was totally ew-worthy. Also stood up to a re-watch! =)

5. SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE - Simply brilliant and deserved it's acclaim.



Also great were The Hangover, How to Lose Friends and Alienate People and Manufacturing Decent.

No comments:

Post a Comment